You know where I'm going with this. If you are finding yourself lacking motivation to get started, here are ten prompts to help pen the first chapter for that award-winning, best-seller:
Ten Prompts for NaNoWriMo
2) A passenger discovers an unattended carryon when flying over the ocean.
3) A book club hostess receives a threatening anonymous note at her own home.
4) A disgruntled claustrophobe finds himself locked in an elevator at work overnight.
5) A weary taxi driver picks up a sinister stranger contemplating suicide who wants to drive around town first.
6) A couple celebrates their anniversary at a cozy restaurant when a mysterious bouquet of flowers is brought to the table.
7) A daughter cleans out her parents’ attic and discovers an urn of ashes.
8) A valedictorian gets arrested for shoplifting right before graduation.
9) An unappreciated secretary calls in sick and goes shopping where she runs into her boss’s wife with another man.
10) A first-day-on-the-job nanny takes the children to the park where she loses the master key only to have a burglar find it.
Remember, the first rule to writing that novel is No Excuses! I have to remind myself of that everyday. NaNoWriMo is a great time to get started, so write on!