Six-Word Scary Story Starters
2) Babysitter needs job. Loves kids. Kinda.
3) Looks in the mirror. No mouth.
4) Beautiful house. Backyard cemetery. For sale.
5) App downloads virus - in its users.
6) Mechanical pencil erases mistakes. And memory.
7) Neighborhood has party. Hosts are vampires.
8) Creepy basement. Rickety staircase. No escape.
9) Circus clowns revolt. No one laughs.
10) Wife wakes up. Husband does not.
11) Adorable puppy turns into demonic dog.
12) Selfie pics sent by unknown user.
13) Found: Mason jar with unknown species
14) Girl keeps swinging. She’s not alive.
15) Grieving scientist clones deceased wife. Oops.
16) They entered the elevator. That’s all.
17) Purchased antique painting. Haunted. Buyer’s remorse.
18) Couple has nightmares. They come true.
19) Museum coffin won’t open. Pounding inside.
20) Peaceful ocean swim. Dorsal fin. Ouch!
21) Clock runs backwards. Time does too.
22) Tour guide loses group. On purpose.
23) Locked doors and windows. Forgot one.
24) Perfect suburban neighborhood. Until freak accidents.
25) Doorbell rings. Gift. Worst present ever!
26) New boyfriend. Neither boy or friend.
27) Office coffee maker brews deadly decaf.
28) Children’s voices fill park. No kids.
29) Vacationers open their suitcase. It bites.
30) Quiet road. Abandoned car. Open door.
31) Feeling the creepy crawlies. Spiders everywhere!
32) Voices heard upstairs. Everyone is downstairs.
Teach English? Teens and tweens love to be scared! Now your students can apply the six-word writing prompt and create their own scary stories with engaging (32) Six-Word Scary Story Starter Task Cards. These task cards are sure to generate rich narratives from your students as they combine story elements (setting, dialogue, conflict, etc.) with their own innate creativity. Perfect for Halloween, Creative Writing class, or any other time!