This year we're social distancing at home. And I have to say, I really miss reading to kids, walking the gardens, and celebrating the sights and smells of spring among the tulips, daffodils, and hydrangeas.
But we can all take this time to press pause and celebrate literacy - and of course Drop Everything and Read.
Here are a few other reading/writing ideas for a productive Literacy Lockdown:
- Look up five new words
- Write a favorite author or post a stellar review
- Read past your bedtime
- Write a poem
- Host a virtual book club
- Create a character
- Re-read a favorite children's book
- Write a diary entry of a favorite character - in voice
- Make a bookmark
- Make a video reading a children's book; post on Youtube
- Play word games
- Complete a crossword puzzle
- Read something that makes you laugh or cry over the phone to a friend or family member
- Read waaaaay past your bedtime!