May your year be filled with impassioned characters, riveting plot lines, and enlightened universal themes...
Saturday, December 29, 2012
Sunday, December 16, 2012
1) A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens
2) The Polar Express - Chris Van Allsburg
3) How the Grinch Stole Christmas - Dr. Seuss
4) "The Gift of the Magi" - O. Henry
5) The Nutcracker - E.T.A. Hoffman, illustrations by Maurice Sendak
6) The Best Christmas Pageant Ever - Barbara Robinson
7) The Christmas Box - Richard Paul Evans
8) The Night Before Christmas - Jan Brett
9) The Tailor of Gloucester - Beatrix Potter
Friday, December 14, 2012
Create a Bookmark can be used as a chapter check or a culminating reading activity, perhaps in lieu of the ordinary book report. Create a Bookmark reinforces literacy and common core language arts standards, while allowing for individual expression. It is a student/teacher-friendly, hands-on classroom resource that includes the following elements:
- Theme of book
- Character quotation
- Scene from the book
- Summary of the book
This lesson is featured on Sharemylesson.com - a fabulous website for teachers.
Sunday, December 2, 2012
This is a creative writing activity I do with my students. They invent a character and make a collage of what's in their head, including thoughts, symbols, theme words, and pictures. This lesson is featured on Sharemylesson.com - a fabulous website for teachers.