Saturday, October 7, 2023

Get Spooky With Halloween Haikus

Kids love Halloween! Amp up the chills and thrills factor this month with writing Halloween Haikus:

Candy, tricks, and treats 

Halloween night is the best 

Oh, my stomach aches! 


The door creaks open 

The haunted house lures me in... 

I hope I come out...

Ghosts, Witches, Goblins 

Blood-curdling shrieks and screams 

I love Halloween!

Moon's grin, pale and wide

Shadows stretch and screams collide

Creatures everywhere

Haikus are a wonderful way to teach students the economy of language, word choice, and keen observation skills that incorporate imagery and sensory detail. With the Halloween Haiku Bundle that includes a PowerPoint Lesson, (40) Halloween Haiku Task Cards, and a Halloween Haiku Writing Activity Packet, you have everything you need for spooky literacy fun! 

store post

No comments:

Post a Comment