Sunday, January 27, 2013

Talkin' Tween Lingo Lesson: 5 Words You Should Know...


Dance-utante: A breakout girl who was a “nobody” before a school dance and then knocks out her party-girl moves and becomes superpopular.
Usage: Did you see that dance-utante bust her moves in front of everyone? Now everyone wants to ask her out.”


Double ditching: When you ditch class and do something else bad on top of it like smoking in the bathroom or kissing your boyfriend.
Usage: “I got soooo busted for double ditching. Now I have detention for two days. Major drag!”


Hall hugger: Someone who needs moral support hugs between classes from boys and girls alike in order to make it to his or her next class. 
Usage: “Geez! I would be on time to class if it weren’t for all these hall huggers blocking the way. Get a life!”


Teacher breath: The stale, rancid air emanating from teachers when they exhale or talk really close to you. 
Usage: “I offered my Ms. Jones an Altoid after getting a whiff of her teacher breath. So nast!”


Tweentrum: An uncontrolled outburst of emotion by a tween that can happen at any time or place without warning. When it occurs, always blame it on the hormones. Cry when need to.
Usage: “I almost got out of being grounded but then threw a tweentrum when told my curfew was 10:00 p.m. Why doesn’t anyone understand me?”

Watch the tweentrums!!!


(From Lucy and CeCee's How to Survive (and Thrive) in Middle School)

No comments:

Post a Comment