Sunday, February 5, 2012

Author Interview with Cassandra Ulrich

Today's author interview is with Cassandra Ulrich.  Great to have you here, Cassandra!

Q) When did you start writing?  What keeps you going? 

A) I started writing in grade school, but I started my first YA novel in 2008.  The love of creating more stories.


Q) What was your most encouraging moment as an author? 

A) When I hear how much people enjoy my book and/or are being helped in some way by the story I wrote.


Q) What was your most discouraging moment as an author?

A) When I don’t hear from a publisher whether I’ve been rejected.  There’s just silence, so I move on.


Q) What’s your antidote to writer’s block? 

A) Music and movies. Getting lost in someone else’s world sometimes help to jump-start new ideas.


Q) Describe the typical writing day. 

A) Because I work at a technical job during the day, my writing takes place mostly at night and weekends.  If I get an idea during the workday, I quickly write it down so I can type on the computer that evening or whenever I get a chance.  Most of my ideas end up on paper first.


Q) From where do you draw your inspiration? 

A) My experience and the world around me. I enjoy learning what makes people do what they do through observation and then twisting the catalysts just a bit.


Q) Tell us about your latest book.

A) A Beautiful Girl is a fictional story about a seventeen year old girl who has an abusive step-father and the boy she meets at school who helps her.  It’s an inspirational book of hope and courage.                                                                                                               


Q) What author have you been most influenced by? 

A) I love the books by Barb and J.C. Hendee and the way they draw the reader into the lives of the characters and the fight scenes.                                                                                           

Thanks for visiting.  Please enjoy and comment. 

BOOK LINKS



1 comment:

  1. "A Beautiful Girl" is no longer being sold at QBR. Please visit http://cassandraulrich.com/estore/ instead.

    ReplyDelete