Sunday, October 14, 2012

Author Interview Featuring Robert Siegel


Q)  When did you start writing?  What keeps you going?
        A)  Back in the summer of 2010.  Actually seeing a published work along with the enjoyment of putting my thoughts into words in the hope that someone somewhere will enjoy reading the material.

Q)  What was your most encouraging moment as an author?
        A)  When my first work was submitted to the Library of Congress and I received the notification that it was placed on file.

Q)  What was your most discouraging moment as an author?
        A)  The rejections received and in some case the lack of response from the publishers where I had submitted my work.

Q)  What’s your antidote to writer’s block?
        A)  I don’t write for days sometimes weeks but I always think about what I would like to write about or how to approach my writing and eventually I overcome the block.

Q)  Describe the typical writing day:
        A)  I walk a lot so I walk in the morning and late afternoon.  In between the walking I sit at my computer and write.  Sometimes I don’t get anything written but at least I have tried.  I carry a portable recorder with me and when I have a thought I go off on my own and record it to be used in my writing. 

Q)  From where do you draw your inspiration?
        A)  Most of my inspiration comes from my wife.  I have found that the walks I take sometimes supply me with ideas of what to write about. 

Q)  Tell us about your latest book:
        A)  I am currently working on a mystery.  I have only published one book to date and it is a novelty.  The book is about the life of a golf ball but what makes it unique is the fact that the golf ball is telling the story.  I wrote it manly for the younger generation but believe all age groups can enjoy it.  Most golfers would probably relate well to the situations that Jerry gets into.

Q)  What author have you been most influenced by? 
        A)  I don’t know of any that have had a special influence on me.  However, I enjoy reading John Steinbeck’s books and admire the imaginative mind of Steven King.

Thanks for visiting.  Please enjoy and comment. 

Author Bio:  I have been married for 20 years to a wonderful woman named Elizabeth.  My family consists of four children – Connie, Donna, Jennifer, and Nicholas – there was a dog named Mr. Smiley, a terrier mixture between a Westie and a Wheaton who recently passed away after being with us for 17 years.  We now have a Westie named Cody.
I received my degree in Economics from Albright College in Reading, Pennsylvania and my Master of Business Education from Saint Joseph’s University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.  I spent a number of years in the finance department of a large manufacturing firm and 10 years teaching high school business subjects and also was an adjunct instructor teaching accounting and microelectronics at a local university.

Links website, etc.   My web site:  www.booksfrombob.com
My e-mail address:  rsiegel50@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment